SYSTEM DIRECTOR - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees in Carbondale, IL, we have won national
acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging,
and rehabilitation services. The System Director for Behavioral
Health position provides administrative, strategic, clinical and
operational leadership and support to all behavioral health
services including inpatient, outpatient, addictions/substance
abuse, and crisis evaluation. This works as the SIH System
Behavioral Health Medical Director and senior team to develop
programs to serve the behavioral health care needs of the broader
community. As appropriate, this position will also provide clinical
oversight to those positions that operate within the appropriate
clinical scope of practice. Responsibilities
- Identifies the social service and behavioral health needs of
the local community and collaborates with the SIH System Behavioral
Health Medical Director, senior team, clinical staff and program
medical directors to create a comprehensive strategic plan for
behavioral health services.
- Identifies programs/service gaps and creates strategies to
respond and ensures integration of inpatient and outpatient
behavioral health services across the continuum of care.
- Implements strategies to advance the vision of inpatient and
outpatient behavioral health services.
- Assists in the creation of an infrastructure that supports
staff, optimal workflows, clarified job roles, optimization of data
capture and enhances patient experience at all levels of this
- Collaborates with the private sector, community and other
social service agencies to develop strategies and programs that
respond to the behavioral health needs of the local community.
- Represents the healthcare system in local social service agency
networks and participates in state and community
meetings/committees that are relevant and strive to advance
services and programs to address inpatient and outpatient
behavioral health service gaps in the community by advocating for a
coordinated service delivery.
- Provides leadership in the integration of behavioral health
services with quality initiatives by establishing and monitoring
quality metrics for inpatient and outpatient behavioral health
services that demonstrate impact of care redesign.
- Provides leadership in identifying key measures for assessing
quality of services provided and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure effective
provisions of care and reduction of inefficient utilization of
emergency room and inpatient services by participating in case
- Ensures evidence-based practices are utilized across programs
and services including diagnosis-based screening and
- Directs the selection, hiring, training and development of
behavioral health staff and works with Human Resources to develop
programs and initiatives that contribute to a positive work
- Provides clinical leadership to those direct reports that
function within the leaders current scope of practice and creates
educational programs to support growth and development of
- Monitors and evaluates new or revised regulatory agency and
industry laws, regulations, and standards applicable to assigned
areas and ensures that assigned activities comply with all
requirements and utilizes knowledge of regulatory and reimbursement
standards to ensure compliance with documentation and third-party
billing. Qualifications Education
- LCSW, RN-MSN or Masters degree in related field required
- MBA in Business Management or Doctor of Psychology
preferredExperience and Skills
- Technical Experience: Five years of clinical practice in a
behavioral health setting, including a combination of ambulatory
and inpatient experience
- Supervisor Experience: Five years of experience in a
progressive leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health systems including
ancillary agencies and partners.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents
including staff, leaders, medical staff and the community.
- Working knowledge of and effectively able to use Microsoft
products and other computer-based programs.
- Thorough understanding of general financial principles and
procedures pertaining to budget development, monitoring and
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to perform high level conceptual analysis, formulate plans
and implement them.
- Able to prepare complex reports, memoranda and other written
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations and
policies related to assigned areas.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service. #PIQresearch
PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental Health Director, Location: Royalton,
IL - 62983
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , SYSTEM DIRECTOR - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Executive , Royalton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!