Medical Case Manager, RN
Company: CorVel Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2021
We are seeking to add a full-time Field Case Manager (RN) for
our Evansville, IN / Southwest IN area.. The Medical Case Manager
coordinates resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options
for ill or injured individuals on a case-by-case basis to
facilitate quality individualized treatment goals, including timely
return-to-work if appropriate. The Medical Case Manager will rely
on their medical knowledge to evaluate the patient's current
treatment plan for medical appropriateness based on their physical
and medical status. The Medical Case Manager must be able to
discuss the patient's medical and physical conditions with the
treating physicians, along with discussing/ recommending alternate
treatment plans for the patient. The Medical Case Manager must have
the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans to
the patient, family members and adjuster; supporting the goals of
the Case Management department, and of CorVel. Work from home,
Monday - Friday, business hours.-- Local travel within a two-hour
radius ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS--AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides medical case management to individuals through
communications with the patient, the physician, other health care
providers, the employer and the referral source.
- Makes recommendations regarding health care resources.
- Develops Independent Medical Evaluation Plans. Provides
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient's
- Evaluates patient's treatment plan for appropriateness, medical
necessity, and cost effectiveness.
- Implements care such as negotiation the delivery of durable
medical equipment and nursing services. Devises cost-effective
strategies for medical care.
- Attends doctors, other providers, and attorney's visits.
Attends hospital and/or long-term facility discharge planning
conferences, et cetera for the purpose of determining
appropriateness of care and developing an effective long-term care
strategy. Initial home visit for initial evaluation.
- Assesses rehabilitation facilities for appropriateness.
- Utilizes their medical and nursing knowledge to discuss the
current treatment plan with the physician and discuss alternate
- Performs or manages architectural assessment of patient's
- Researches medical and community resources for medical and
community resources for patients with catastrophic or chronic
diagnoses, such as but not limited to, AIDS, cancer, spinal cord
injury, diabetes, head injury, back injury, hand injury, burns, et
- Requires communicating with people outside the organization,
representing the organization to customers, the public, government,
and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in
person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail KNOWLEDGE &
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced,
- Ability to interface with claims staff, attorneys, physicians
and their representatives, and advisors/clients and coworkers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to drive, maneuver, navigate on a continual or almost
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
environment. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: --
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN Licensure in state of Indiana.
- This position requires local, distance, or otherwise regular
travel via vehicle. Therefore, a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation, and ability to travel to assigned locations are
- 2 or more years' of recent clinical experience, preferably in
- URAC recognized Case Management certification (ACM, CCM, CDMS,
CMAC, CMC, CRC, CRRN, COHN, COHN-S, RN-BC) is required.
- Strong clinical background in orthopedics, neurology, or
- Strong cost containment background, such as utilization review
or managed care helpful.
Keywords: CorVel Corporation, Evansville , Medical Case Manager, RN, Executive , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!