Company: Tuesday Morning
Posted on: May 9, 2020
The Store Manager is fully accountable for the day-to-day operation
of the store including: managing controllable expenses to budget,
associate hiring and scheduling functions, merchandising
presentation, product re-stocking, proper documentation of receipts
and stockroom organization of inbound freight, proper cash handling
controls and other point of sale (POS) transactions. Supervising,
directing and training all store personnel on corporate guidelines
and directives, along with maintaining responsibility for inventory
control, payroll record documentation, loss prevention, store
safety standards and ultimately maximizing store profit margins.
The Store Manager is in sole charge of the store and in no event
will he / she spend more than 40% of his / her work-time performing
duties that do not involve direct management of the store and
supervision of employees.
- Fully accountable for all functions of store operations,
including interviewing, selecting and training all store employees
on proper execution of job duties
- Responsible for proper planning ensuring appropriate staffing
levels, associate supervision, coaching, and providing clear
direction on overall merchandising standards, stocking and customer
- Recruit, interview, select and train all store associates. This
includes extending job offers.
- Appropriately and timely resolution of associate relations and
all customer issues. Partner with Regional Manager, Human Resource
support and corporate office, as needed.
- Responsible for store compliance on all corporate policies,
procedures and directives and utilizes sound judgment in decision
making and execution of same.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all controllable store
expenses to assigned budget.
- Maintain and oversee accuracy of record keeping, including but
not limited to the
following; cash handling, sale& refund receipts and attendance
- Protect company assets including merchandise, fixtures,
furnishings, equipment and supplies. Train store associates on
theft prevention techniques.
- Appropriately delegate workload assignments while managing day
to day operations.
- Perform all associate counseling& corrective actions, including
annual performance evaluations and terminations as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll information and process
- Continuous focus on growth of customer mailing list
- Maintain safe working and shopping environment for both
employees and customers. Always practice safe usage of all store
equipment and provide appropriate service levels to deter against
theft. Report suspicions of theft and unsafe behavior to the Store
Manager, or Regional Manager immediately. Conduct monthly safety
meetings with associates.
- Maintain active, candid, open levels of communication with
Regional and Zone Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Requirements: On occasion, but in no event more than 40%
of Store Manager's work time he/she will unload trucks; lift, open,
unpack boxes of merchandise; use box cutter to open boxes; use 2/4
wheel dolly; use carpenter tools to build displays; use ladders to
stock/pull merchandise; run cash register; use 10 foot rollers to
unload trucks; sack purchased merchandise and carry to customer's
car; lots of walking and standing; sits at desk to do
*CB* *GLASSDOOR* *INDEED* *LINKEDIN*
Keywords: Tuesday Morning, Evansville , Store Manager, Executive , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!