Nursing Manager (RN) - Surgical Services
Company: Ascension, B30
Posted on: February 14, 2020
We Are Hiring Nursing Manager - Surgical Services - Full-Time,
Days - St. Vincent Health - Evansville, IN Why Join Ascension? St.
Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health
system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate,
personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St.
Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries
serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our
134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services
including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health,
neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care,
emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute
care.Why Join the St. Vincent Family?
- A Passionate Team: St. Vincent associates are leaders who
follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care;
together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the
poor and vulnerable.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams
collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and
learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used
across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome
for the patient.
- More Than a Job: Working for St. Vincent is more than just a
job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering
quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team
members, and the community.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our
associates is key to our mission of providing the best care
possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership
programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.What You
Will Do As a Nursing Services Manager-Surgical Services you will
manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of St. Vincent
inpatient surgical services and operating rooms. This is a
succession planning position providing a great opportunity for
significant mentorship and training under current experienced
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation
requirements for self and within unit.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient
care services for the assigned unit(s). Develop and implement
policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective
delivery of health services.
- Monitor and adhere to budget. Approve or monitor expenditures,
purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget
guidelines.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer
accepted during onboarding
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board
of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing by hire date or job transfer
- Preferred Qualification: Master's Degree in Nursing.Work
- Three years of experience directly supervising staff within a
clinical setting with preferred three years of OR experience.
- Preferred CNOR certification.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills,
confidence and experience with daily physician interaction.
- This candidate must be a patient advocate, able to point out
safety concerns, and be an effective communicator.Equal Employment
Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law
Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a
member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, B30, Evansville , Nursing Manager (RN) - Surgical Services, Executive , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!