Manufacturing Equipment Mechanic
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Execute with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail all work orders (PM, PDM, Corrective, and Emergency Work). Gathers baseline and continuing operational data on critical equipment assets to ensure assets are running optimally in a 24/7 environment.
* Hold the safety of themselves and others they work with in top regard
* Perform PdM Routes using PdM Technologies (Thermography, Ultrasonic, Vibration Analysis)
* Troubleshoot and repair packaging and processing equipment working with equipment vendors as necessary
* Assist manufacturing representatives, Project Engineering, Contract Engineering, and departmental personnel on new equipment installation
* Provide on-the-job training for machine operators and maintenance trainees
* Modify existing equipment and identify alternative measures for correcting or improving equipment performance
* Assists development of preventive and predictive maintenance procedures for all plant assets
* Must be able to follow and maintain detailed repair procedures and have good communication skills
* Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions. Provide support for root cause analysis so long term corrective actions can put in place.
* Must be able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches, work orders and verbal instruction. Able to use precision measuring tools and understand tolerances
* Maintain complete records of work performed using CMMS and detailed work/equipment logs
* Must have experience with setup and operations of machining and shop tools
* Contact manufacturers' service technicians when necessary for assistance in repair or replacement of faulty equipment
* Ability to balance priorities while performing work according to all applicable GMP environmental regulations
* Timely diagnose and repair of equipment to minimize production downtime
* Ability to quickly escalate and communicate equipment issues to others for additional support and resources
* Have a two year Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology (or equivalent), plus at least one (1) year of experience, or
* Have completed a certified machine repair apprenticeship program (or equivalent), plus at least two (2) years experience, or
* Have a minimum of five (5) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience or manufacturing operational experience
* Have strong team oriented skills and excellent interpersonal skills
* Be a self-starter, be able to work effectively with minimal supervision, and good organizational and planning skills
* Be willing to learn new job-related skills, and have good troubleshooting and analytical skills
At Reckitt, we recognise that in real life, great people don't always 'tick all the boxes'. That's why we hire for potential as well as experience. Even if you don't meet every point on the job description, if this role and our company feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you. Come and join a team whose purpose is to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner and healthier world.
All qualified applicants to Reckitt will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion, faith; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
Keywords: Reckitt, Evansville , Manufacturing Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Evansville, Indiana
here to apply!