Company: Clearfield Talent
Posted on: August 7, 2022
GreatStructural Engineer OpportunityAre you a Project
Engineer/Manager who is willing to listen about a new opportunity?
Our client is a multi-disciplined architectural firm with solid
growth for the last 25+ years! This position is in Evansville, IN
where decisions are quickly made. The flexible work environment
provides an opportunity to work in his/her field, but also to gain
valuable experience in all areas of engineering. There is no
boredom in this job, only exciting new challengesPosition
DescriptionThe primary responsibility of this position is to design
and layout of steel, concrete, concrete block and other common
structural materials for building projects. This will include the
- Utilize computer design software (AutoCAD 3D) for design and to
develop project shop drawings that are submitted for review.
- The ability to interpret and apply the structural sections of
the building code. (Seismic, wind and snow drift loading).
- Reviewing job specific material specifications is very
important. For that reason, the successful candidate will have an
extensive knowledge of building construction materials, general
connection types used in construction, brace and moment frame
design, foundations, steel, concrete, concrete block and other
common structural materials.
- Development of construction document packages based on the
project requirements and application. This will include project
coordination with other disciplines (mechanical, architectural and
electrical), directing drafting personnel and checking project
- The ability to estimate is an important skill that makes the
candidate much more valuable, but it is not required.
- Attending client and project review meetings, construction
meetings, and project closeout meetings and conducting on-site
surveys to establish and document accurate field conditions are
important parts of the job.
- Ability to perform own drafting when necessary.
- On-site inspections of structural system installations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Revit and RISA
also preferred.Job QualificationThe successful candidate with have
the following training, experience and/or skills:
- BS in Structural Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years structural design experience is
required and some of that time needs to be in a consulting
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is strongly desired, but
someone with EIT certification who is working toward their PE would
Keywords: Clearfield Talent, Evansville , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!