Field Technician, Jr.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
The Field Operations Technician, Junior is responsible for
collecting samples, observation, and/or inspection of products or
raw materials for laboratory analysis by performing the following
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works under immediate supervision to perform job
- Collects samples as product and or raw materials that are being
transferred to containers, vessels, barges, trucks, and/or
- Ensures sample containers and all related paperwork are labeled
with identifying data, location of sample, date, and time of
- Delivers sample to laboratory for analysis.
- Performs preparation of samples, reduction and division of
- Gathers samples at specified locations, states of processing
and time interval.
- Performs sample screening and/or other related physical
- Ensures all equipment and containers are organized and cleaned
before and after use.
- Ensures all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for
tasks is worn at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all required local and federal safety
processes and procedures.
- May also have Preparation or Laboratory responsibilities, as
required by business needs.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent
- No experience required, unless required by state law
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- A valid and current Drivers license may be required if the role
requires driving a company vehicle.
- May be required to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker
- May be required to obtain 24-hour surface Mine Safety and
Health Administration (MSHA) certificate, training is available
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Language Skills: Intermediate English required, Advanced
- Mathematical Skills: Basic required, Intermediate
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required, uses
logical and practical approach to solve problems
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel) Intermediate user
- Ability to effectively communicate (in writing or verbally),
presenting information individually or in small group situations to
internal or external customers
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are
accurate and completed with the required timeframe
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work independently and under moderate
- Team player attitude, customer care focus
- Local day travel may be required; may be required to travel
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, printers, and phones.
- This role may use sample prep equipment that may include Jaw
Crusher, Bowl & Disc Pulverizing Mills, Pressure Filters, Riffle
Splitters, Compressed Air, Hammer Mill Crushers, Ovens, Balances,
and basic sampling tools.
- Will require incumbent to have flexible schedule, including
overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Position requires occasional overtime.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status a s a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.by Jobble
Keywords: Sgs, Evansville , Field Technician, Jr., Engineering , Marion, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!