Physical Education Teacher
Company: MSD of North Posey County Schools
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Physical Education TeacherReports To: High School Principal and
Assistant PrincipalClassification: Certified Employee
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Indiana License - Physical Education with High School Setting -
additional Health License Preferred
- Excellent Communication and Team Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Coaching roles and experience prioritized
- 181 Day Contract
- 16 Personal Leave Days
- TRF Position with Certified Benefits
- Salary Range $40,000 - $75,000 Based on Degree, Certification,
Nature of WorkUnder the general supervision of the School
Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities,
strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop
students' understanding of the importance of exercise to physical
and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards,
physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
- Provides supervision of students in educational settings.
- Plans daily classroom instructional activities.
- Keeps daily student attendance.
- Communicates with parents, teachers, administrators, and
related service providers on an as needed basis.
- Serves on various teams, committees on an as needed basis.
- Maintains proper certification by attending college, workshops,
and/or professional development courses.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ethics,
working cooperatively with the Board, the Superintendent,
administrators, certificated and non-certificated personnel,
parents, and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent
with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in,
physical fitness, rhythm and dance, coordination and agility,
exercise, and sports,
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork,
responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal
learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student
progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in
physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods
to fit individual student's needs, including students with special
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of
current developments in the educational field by attending
seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Assists in coordinating extra-curricular activities, including
student performances, assembles, and athletic events.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards
and school district policies, and establishes and maintains
standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional
learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially
within physical education and grade level, and participates in
faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate instructional aids and
other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Inspects equipment and field areas used to ensure they are in
good and safe working order.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods,
as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations
regarding education and students, as well as relating to health
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and
biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to
promote physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Keywords: MSD of North Posey County Schools, Evansville , Physical Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Poseyville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...