OFFICE SPECIALIST - HYPERBARIC
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Location: Du Quoin
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. the OFFICE SPECIALIST - HYPERBARIC is responsible for
performing duties to support patient care, efficient organization,
compliance and viability of the Hyperbaric / Wound Care department
operations. This includes patient intake, prior authorization,
referrals, scheduling, follow-up, and clerical duties required to
adequately communicate to providers and patients as well as promote
the services available. Responsibilities
- Performs Patient Intake processes for Hyperbaric/ Wound Care
- Manages all aspects of appointment scheduling, patient
transportation, appointment reminders / follow-up phone calls, no
show letters and reporting of cancellations through appropriate
channels / reporting structures.
- Monitors EPIC prior authorization and referrals work queues
- Identify and prioritize urgent and emergency prior
authorizations and referral consultation requests
- Checks chart for relevant referral/prior authorization
information and shares with appropriate insurance provider or
referring office provider within 48 hours of appointment
- Call or submit online request to insurance providers for prior
- Communicates effectively with patients, provider staff and
insurance providers by telephone
- Follow through on referrals and prior authorizations to
completion/resolution in a timely fashion
- Validates information for a prior authorization or referral
request and follows-up with providers office regarding missing CPT
codes or missing chart documentation
- Collaborates with staff to identify workflow problems and
- Prepare all documentation to be scanned in to EPIC, including
uploading of pictures.
- Manage and update iHeal of all scheduled meetings, staffing,
provider information and referral information for marketing
- Maintain departmental supplies and update GEMBA board.
- Print and assemble marketing materials.
- Complete tasks in assigned billing/financial work queues.
- Must be able to float between locations when necessary.
- High School diploma
- Technical Experience: 1 year of office experience required and
1 year Hyperbaric experience preferred or 1 year insurance
- Effective and excellent communication skills
#PIQnursingPandoLogic. Keywords: Clerk, Location: Du Quoin, IL -
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , OFFICE SPECIALIST - HYPERBARIC, Administration, Clerical , Du Quoin, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!