Accountant I / Treasury
Company: Traylor Bros., Inc.
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Accountant - Treasury Opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc.!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) National Heavy Civil division provides
comprehensive, cutting-edge heavy civil/underground construction
services through traditional and non-traditional delivery methods.
TBI has completed more than 135 complex bridge construction and
rehabilitation projects across the nation, including world record
cable-stayed structures and segmental bridges. The group also has a
history of providing some of the country's largest port authorities
and the maritime industry with the construction of deep water
container piers, wharf facilities, transit terminals, locks, and
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure
safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and
innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless
opportunity for personal and professional growth in a close knit
and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values:
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This
is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide
opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and
balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to
overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication
throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in
which we work.
Traylor Bros, Inc. a national heavy civil contractor is currently
seeking an accountant to work with our Treasury group. This is an
exciting opportunity to assist in managing the treasury functions
of multiple operating entities. This position will primarily be
responsible for performing a variety of cash-related activities.
The successful candidate will partner with the operations and
corporate teams, leading the effort to improve cash procedures and
create value added processes where possible. This position offers a
unique opportunity for an individual to participate across all
company levels in the organization and provide key contributions
that will facilitate strategic growth across Traylor Bros., Inc.
and all operating entities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist Treasurer with investment activities
- Assist Treasurer with hedging transactions and FX
- Implement continuous improvements
- Manage Positive Pay process
- Initiate electronic disbursements
- Work with banking partners to manage account-related
- Record and validate cash disbursements
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Manage petty cash and make cash deposits
- Perform more skilled accounting tasks and other duties as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- One to three years' of previous accounting-related experience
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission,
Vision and Core Values of the organization
- Ability to present creative ideas that help the company support
its continuous improvement initiative
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent ability to prioritize, and stay organized in a busy,
- Must excel and enjoy being a detail-oriented person
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility,
and willingness to work closely with all levels of an organization
both internally and externally
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is essential
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state,
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some
of the time and routine keyboard operations
Required ExperienceTraylor Bros., Inc. is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Traylor Bros., Inc., Evansville , Accountant I / Treasury, Accounting, Auditing , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!