PATIENT FINANCIAL NAVIGATOR
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. Responsible for administering the financial process to
ensure patients are assessed and informed of their financial
responsibilities. Collaborate closely with billing, patient
financial services, and denials group for both hospital and SIH
Medical Group to ensure patient claims are paid in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of health insurance,
guidelines, programs and plans; patient assistance programs and
co-pay assistance programs, Medicaid, Medicare health plans, COBRA
plans and Health Care Reform.
- Provides initial financial consultations with patients.
- Ensures accurate and comprehensive insurance information is
- Assesses the financial needs of patients and prepares patient
liability estimates for all services incurred at the Cancer
- Counsels patients regarding their financial liability,
insurance coverage and external financial assistance programs,
medical-legal partnership applications for patients and families.
Follow up with assistance and document what was provided.
- Advises patients of available Community, State, and/or
financial assistance programs and assists families with completion
- Provides ongoing financial education and assistance to patients
throughout their treatment as an educator, advocate and
- Utilizes all computerized patient billing, medical records and
registration systems to assist the patient in understanding and
resolving any billing questions.
- Facilitates financial transactions in accordance with SIH
policy in the areas of cashiering and billing inquiries.
- Works closely with foundation, Coach Kill fund and Cancer Care
support fund to assure assistance is received and acknowledgement
- Assist with registration errors and making sure claims get out
in a timely manner.
- Work with SIH Medical Group physicians and nursing staff to
make sure we have medication samples and medication programs in
place for patients to be able to apply for free chemotherapy
- Work with pharmaceutical reps to obtain financial
resources/programs to assist our patients with medication and drug
- Banking for Center
- Continue to research new avenues for financial assistance
programs and/or resources for patients.
- Work with and assist revenue cycle to make sure claims and
errors that are brought to my attention are taken care of and
followed through with insurance companies.
- Assist all departments in the Cancer Institute with any
questions concerning billing, all program errors, training, report
errors and general questions Qualifications
- Associate degree in business or healthcare related field.
- Technical Experience: 3 years Revenue Cycle experience.
#PIQPFSPandoLogic. Keywords: Patient Navigator, Location:
Carbondale, IL - 62902
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , PATIENT FINANCIAL NAVIGATOR, Accounting, Auditing , Carbondale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!